So you got your WordPress site and a suitable GetResponse account with you? Are you only looking for WordPress GetResponse integration? If yes, you’re in the right place. Once you read the procedures below, you will be able to do a lot of other cool things, too.
Okay, let us buckle down to WordPress GetResponse integration procedure. The best way to do the WordPress GetResponse Integration would be what??:
API method: Integrating WordPress with GetResponse
You may integrate WP with GetResponse through hiring a programmer to code the GetResponse API key with WordPress. There are few places like Elance, oDesk, etc., where you can find good programmers. There are, however, downside of doing API key method. These are:
* When GetResponse team updates their API, you will have to do lot of changes in your coding. For this reason, you will have to hire your programmer again.
* Very limited options in your WordPress dashboard. The higher you pay for programmer, the higher the dashboard options you will get to manage your subscribers/members.
* Both-way communication. If you cancel the member inside the WordPress dashboard, he would be cancelled automatically from the corresponding email list, wouldn’t he? This will not be done by most programmers if you specifically do not ask for it.
Free WordPress GetResponse integration plugin
First, do a simple research in Google to find the best free plugin for integrating WordPress and GetResponse. When I Googled for such a plugin, there were very few plugins to do the integration. None of them met my expectations.
There are no plugins to do the WordPress GetResponse Integration plugin that suit my expectations. Before reading further, search Google for some time and let me know if you find anything good.
Solved: WordPress GetResponse Integration hassles
Luckily, I found the best WordPress GetResponse Integration plugin. In just two or three minutes, you can complete the integration. See how simple the integration procedure is.
- First, install the Wishlist plugin in your WordPress. The installation procedure is the same as any other plugin. Once you installed the plugin, you can see the “Wishlist Member” option on the bottom left of the WordPress dashboard.
- Click on “Wishlist Member” option. You will see “Integration” option in the Wishlist dashboard. Click on “Integration”. Then click on “AutoResponder” option. Then you will have to choose “GetResponse API” from the drop down box.
- Then, insert the GetResponse API key. You can get it by going to your GetResponse account. If you are using the GetResponse’s free account, then you should upgrade your account to see the key in your account. Upgrade, get the API key and insert it into the corresponding field in the Wishlist Dashboard.
- Next step, insert the campaign name, which you created for your email list. Finally, insert the unsubscription email ID, which you used on your GetResponse account. That’s all. You have done the WordPress GetResponse integration.
See the video tutorial where I showed how to set up the WordPress GetResponse integration.
What else this WordPress GetResponse Plugin can do?
The plugin not only does it but also brings a whole new way to organize and manage all subscribers in WordPress dashboard. That means GetResponse email campaign subscribers are not just subscribers anymore. They are automatically awarded a member role when subscribed to my email list. Once they become members, you can manage them in your WordPress dashboard. There are actually tons of features that you can now enable inside the dashboard. To mention few of the features:
- You can set up members-only content. This content will be read by members only.
- You may protect selective contents such as certain pages, posts, categories, comments, PDFs or videos.
- You can have different member roles to add subscribers to different roles when they subscribe to your email list through different subscribe/signup forms.
- You can grant access to different sets of contents to different member roles. For example, you can name member roles as silver, gold, etc., and silver member can access one set of pages (anything like posts, pages, categories, comments, etc.) while gold member can access another set of pages.
For whole list of this plugin’s features that you can use with your WordPress, see my full how to create a membership site with WordPress post. If you feel it is worth buying this plugin just for the sake of integrating WordPress and GetResponse alone, then you should consider to get started with this amazing WordPress Membership plugin today as because this does a lot more than we think.
Below are a few important tutorials on setting up a profitable WordPress membership site.
Finally, here is the Wishlist member coupon code page where you can find recently-announced coupon codes for Wishlist Member plugin.