And more than this have you started to publish contents? If yes, then it is the time to submit your blog to various search engines. First, we will submit our blog to search engine giant Google webmasters.
Why Should we Submit Blog into Google webmasters?
It is not compulsory to submit your blog into Google webmasters. Some of you might thinking or getting advised as if you don’t submit your site into Google, Google won’t crawl your site and won’t show in search engine result pages (SERPs). But that’s not true. Even if you don’t submit your blog into Google, Google crawls your site when it sees your blog link in some other sites. For example, if you regularly submit your posts into Digg or Delicious, then Google most probably starts to crawl your site soon.
Then why should we submit to Google Webmasters? There are some benefits over there.
- Your blog will be crawled soon and showed in search engine result pages (SERP).
- You can see popular keywords through which people are coming to your blog via search engines.
- You can see how many incoming links to your blog. Think how hard it will be to you find out which sites linked to you? But you can break that hassle here. Google webmasters shows you which sites linked to your blog and in depth linked to your which blog posts or pages also.
- Google Webmasters shows you that how many pages you have and how many indexed by Google. Which pages restrict Google bots to crawl? Etc etc information.
Still much more benefits are there. So go immediately and submit your blog.
How to Submit Blog into Google Webmasters?
Watch the Video tutorial for complete guidance to submit your blog to Google Webmasters. If you can’t watch the video, follow the below given links to complete the process.
- Go to www.Google.com/Webmasters (opens in new window)
- You can login using your gmail or other emails once you linked it with Google Account.
- When you logged in, you can see an ‘Add a Site’ button. Type your blog url there and click continue..
- In next step, you have to verify your domain ownership. You have given two methods. Choose the Meta tag method. Copy the unique Meta tag given now.
- Login to your blog wordpress dashboard.
- Go to ‘Editor’ under ‘Appearances’ tab.
- Look for ‘Header.php’ link. It will be right hand side. Click on that.
- Now paste the code after immediately tag line <head> tag line. For example
Paste Meta tag here
9. Then click ‘Update File’.
10. Now come back to Google webmasters. Click ‘Verify’ option. You will be going in side. If you haven’t done correctly, you will get verification failed message. Otherwise you can see ‘Site not indexed’. That means it will take some time to index.
If you have any queries, please contact us or leave a comment here.