In my previous tutorial, I have shown you how to register domain name for your blog. Now I am going to show how to register web hosting for your blog. I recommend hostgator.com to buy web hosting for your blog.
Why I recommend Hostgator.com?
I am running my several blogs in Hostgator. I haven’t experienced any negative with Hostgator. Whenever i need help from hosting part, just I go to Hostgator.com and using 24*7 live chat support. Always I got solution in their live chat.
Ok. Let us start to buy Hostgator Hosting.
I have shown complete tutorial in this video.
If you won’t able to watch video, then follow steps to buy hosting.
1. Hostgator offers hosting, reseller hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated servers etc. Now we are going to buy just hosting. So go to Hosting section.
2. In Hosting, there will be three packages. One is Hatchling, next one is Baby and the last one is Business. I prefer to choose baby plan. Baby plan offers more advanced features than hatchling and almost all features in Business plan. I can see only two important differences between baby and business plan. The first one is dedicated Ip. This is not essential to start a blog. The second one is Private SSL. If you are going to use ecommerce in your blog, then you can go for business plan which offers private SSL. So I recommend you to choose Baby plan for hosting your blog.
3. Then you will be asked domain name details. If you haven’t already bought domain name, you can select ‘Register new domain’ option to buy through Hostgator. If you have already bought domain name some where, then choose ‘I will use my existing Domain and update My Nameservers only’ option.
Then go for next step.
4. Choose Package options. Choose Baby.
5. Then in next page, choose billing cycle. You can choose monthly, 6 months, yearly or 2 years. I prefer to choose monthly option. It costs $9.95/month. But I will show you how to get your first month of hosting almost free. For this, you have to enter ‘Hostgator’ as coupon code without quotes. Then
Click ‘Calculate Totals’ to go for next page.
6. In next page, total due should be $0.01 as ‘hostgator’ coupon code valid for $9.94. Go to next page.
7. Next page is Hostgator sign up page. Fill all the details accurately. Choose payment method as paypal. Then read and agree to the terms and conditions. Then click ‘Verify My order’.
8. In next page, make sure your all details are correct and then process my order. Then click billing link in next page.
9. You have to login using email and password which you have used when you sign up. After logging into billing section, go to invoices and click on invoice number and pay through paypal. You have registered hosting for your blog successfully.