Hope you have bought domain & hosting, and then did name servers change & wordpress installation. Now it is the time to start posting contents in your blog. Before that, you can delete the default post, page and comments.
Watch the video Tutorial:
How to delete default post ‘Hello world’?
- Login to your wordpress admin dashboard.
- Click ‘Edit’ option under ‘Posts’ tab.
- You can see a post called ‘Hello world’. Mouse hover on ‘Hello world’. You will see ‘Edit, Quick edit, Delete, View’ options. Click on ‘Delete’ and then click ‘Ok’. Now the post deleted.
Remember, when you delete a particular post automatically comments in that post also will be deleted. Check here for more WordPress video tutorials
How to delete default page ‘About’?
- In your dashboard, click ‘Edit’ option under ‘Pages’ tab.
- You can see a page called ‘About’. Mouse hover on ‘About’. You will see ‘Edit, Quick edit, Delete, View’ options. Click on ‘Delete’ and then click ‘Ok’. Now the page deleted.
Remember, when you delete a particular page automatically comments in that post also will be deleted.
How to rename the default category in wordpress?
1.In your dashboard, click ‘Categories’ option under ‘posts’ tab. You can see a default category ‘uncategorized’. You can’t delete the default category. But you can rename it.
2. Mouse hover on category name. You can see two options ‘Edit, Quick Edit’. Click on ‘Quick Edit’. Give your desired name for category instead the name ‘Uncategorized’. And then click ‘Update category’.
Leave a comment and subscribe to our blog and Youtube video channel.