Custom Page template is very important for every blog or website. When compare to other pages or post, it looks unique. We need this Landing page template for many purposes like Call to Action, Unique, etc..
In this post, I will share how to do custom template in any wordpress theme. To do this simple page template you have to know basic HTML and CSS. Without these it is difficult to create a simple page template. But don’t worry, at the end of post I will tell you the easy method.
How it will work?
First, in your theme folder you have to create a simple page template. Then, in wordpress dashboard, while creating a page, under page attributes you need to select the template. Next step, in HTML editor, write your HTML Code as per your wish and publish it.
Steps to follow:
1. Create a text file in your desktop and name it as fullpage.php
2. Copy the below code and paste it in fullpage.php file and save it.
<?php /* Template Name: Fullpage without header */ ?> <div id="container" class="one-column"> <div id="content" role="main"> <?php if ( have_posts() ) while ( have_posts() ) : the_post(); ?> <div id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?>> <h1 class="entry-title"><?php the_title(); ?></h1> <div class="entry-content"> <?php the_content(); ?> <?php wp_link_pages( array( 'before' => '<div>' . __( 'Pages:', 'twentyten' ), 'after' => '</div>' ) ); ?> <?php edit_post_link( __( 'Edit', 'twentyten' ), '<span>', '</span>' ); ?> </div><!-- .entry-content --> </div><!-- #post-## --> <?php endwhile; ?> </div><!-- #content --> </div><!-- #container -->
3. In the above code, I name the template name as Full Page Without Header you can name the template as per your wish.
4. Login to your FTP/Cpanel, Go to your theme folder /wp-content/theme. Here I am using thesis theme so, upload the php file in wp-content/theme/thesis_18
5. Now login to your wordpress dashboard and create a page, in page attribute section you see the template name “Full page without header” select this and publish it.
6. Now click this post and you will see a blank screen. That’s It!
7. Now Go to the HTML editor and style your HTML code as per your wish.
8. Click here to see the sample Custom page template Which i created for Automatic and schedule backup your site.
See the Custom page template video also.
The above eight steps are needed to create a simple page template. If you know the HTML well, then you can write the code easily. The main advantage of using the above steps, you can easily edit in HTML editor.
Do you feel above steps Sucks for You?
Here is the way, You can create as many page template or sales letter/squeeze page, Bonus page and more. NO need of any HTML knowledge to use it. You can easily add optin box, video, check out button and many more.
- Add text and bullet in easy way.
- Easy to add video and optin box.
- In-built, 10 templates
I hope above two methods will be helpful for you. Do you enjoy this post? Share to your social bookmarking sites & your comments are welcome