You could have planned to run more than one blog at a time. So in this situation, you might want to host all blogs in same hosting. If you go for separate hosting, you will need to pay much every month. So prefer to run all your blogs at same control panel. But your hosing company should accept that. Hostgator accepts you to run unlimited domains in single hosting account. Now I show you how to use Addon option
In hosting control panel. Video tutorial also included in this post. Watch more tutorial in our youtube channel.
Pre-requirements to add on new domain:
1. Make sure you have own that domain and edited name servers as per your hosting company name servers change instructions. If you haven’t do that, click here to edit your name servers.
How to Add on Domain in Existing Hosting Control Panel?
I am using Hostgator baby plan to host my blog www.onlineideas.info. In that same control panel I will show you how to add www.fourblogger.com.
Watch the video tutorial here for complete guidance.
If you can’t watch the video, follow the below steps to add new domain in
Existing control panel.
1. Login to hosting control panel. Your hosting control panel login will be like this
For example, I am logging in using www.fourblogger.com/cpanel
2. Click on ‘Addon Domains’ option in ‘Domains’ section.
3. In next page, fill domain name, then click on ‘Subdomains/Ftp usename’ box. It will automatically create username and document root name for you.
4. Then Give password to create.
5. Then click on ‘Addon Domain’.
That’s all. You have successfully finished the process.